Spotify is the market leader in the music streaming industry and offers a free and premium version of its service. Although Spotify offers a successful all-around package, there can still be reasons to switch to the competition or end your subscription. Over time, Spotify has grown into the competition. Some have fallen by the wayside, but today, the streaming music market divided between Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Google with two bands with Google Play Music on the one hand, and YouTube Music on the other, and a long, etc. of alternatives. In all cases, trusted shows you how to delete Spotify account completely.
Getting know: How to delete Spotify account for both mobile and PC
If you have a premium Spotify membership, you cannot delete your account. You have to cancel the premium before you can do so. If you would like to know how to cancel your premium membership, there is a link to that tutorial in the video description. I will show you how to do this on both PC and mobile starting with PC.
- Open up the Spotify app and make sure you logged into your account. Click on the menu dropdown arrow at the top of the page to the right of your name.
- Then click “account.” It will open up spotify.com Click on “help” from the top menu bar.
- Scroll down and click on “account help” from the “account & payment” section.
- Scroll down the “account help” category and click on “close your account” from the bottom of the list.
- Now you want to click on the contact form under “if you’re on free Spotify” On step one of the contact form select “account,” then click “i want to close my account.
- Now click the “close account” button. Click a close account again. Make sure it is the correct account that you are closing, then click continue.
Read what you will lose if you close your account.
Then tick “i understand” and click continue. You now need to go over to your email account and find the email from Spotify. Click on “close my account” in the email. Your Spotify account deleted! Note that if you change your mind and want to reactivate it, you can do this within seven days via an email link sent to you by Spotify.
After seven days, this will no longer be an option.
How can you delete your Spotify account on mobile?
- Then Open up the Spotify app and tap on the settings cog at the top right. Then, Scroll to the bottom of settings and click on support.
- You can see, it will open up spotify.com in a web browser. Now click on “account & payment” from the top of the list.
- Click “account help” from the top of the dropdown. Scroll down and click on “close your account.
- You now want to click on the “contact form” under “if you’re on free Spotify. Select “Account” from the list. Tap “i want to close my account” Scroll down and select “close account” then tap close account again.
- Make sure you are closing the correct account. Then tap continue. Read what you’ll lose and tick the “i understand” box, then hit continue.
- Now you need to go to your email account and open the email from Spotify. Click on the button to “close my account” in the email. Your Spotify account deleted!
Note: If you change your mind and want to reactivate it, you can do this within 7 days, via an email link that was sent to you by Spotify. After seven days, this will no longer be an option. If you want to create a new account using the same email, you will have to wait seven days to do so.
Unsubscribe from Spotify
If, in addition to canceling your Spotify Premium subscription, you want to delete your account, you can unsubscribe from Spotify from the official Spotify page.
First, we log in, go to About, and in Support and Customer Service, we click or click on Contact form> Account> I want to close my Spotify account permanently.
Finally, you will see two options: Close account or Keep your account free. In the first case, you will unsubscribe from Spotify. You will register again in the future. If you have thought about it, keep your account free or close the browser tab or window.
Cancel your Spotify subscription
If you are Premium and want to stop checking out every month, you can cancel your Spotify subscription to return to the free version. In Spotify’s words, “You can cancel the subscription whenever you want. With this, the account will return to being a Free level. With ads, at the end of the Premium time that you have already paid for”.
It is convenient if you are going to be busy for a season and prefer not to pay for a service that you are not going to consume. Later you can go back to Premium.
To cancel your Spotify Premium subscription, we go to the user page and log in. We go to Subscription, then we click Change or cancel, then Premium Cancel and finally Yes, cancel. Below you will see the date when you will return to the Free version of Spotify.
There is no doubt Spotify is one of the best entertainment apps for all of the apps. Sometimes we need to delete this account. But it is a matter of sorrow that there is no proper tutorial on the website. We are facing this problem too. Then we decided to make a tutorial on this topic. I hope now you know well that How to delete Spotify account for both mobile and PC entirely in 2020. If you have any questions, you may ask us via email or simply comment on this post.